Sunday, December 16, 2012

In a world where children should be safe, they are falling more and more into harms way.
You think when you send them to school, to a movie or to the mall, they will return to you
unharmed.  Lately, that has not been the case.  To lose a child or a loved one is hard to bear
in any situation, but when it happens unnecessarily, it's even more difficult, so I just want to take a moment to offer a word of comfort to those who lost their loved ones in our most recent tragic events.

Having felt the pain of losing both a mother and father this year, I know your pain.  I was blessed to have my parents all of my life.  I was blessed even more to have had two loving parents that shared their love and devotion with three generations before they departed.  They raised our family to believe that when a believer departs this earth, they are in a better place.  Yet, I still struggle with the pain of loss.

There is not much that can be said at this time.  Just know that you are not alone in your sorrow.    To you I offer these words:


Gone

Sometimes I pray I’m having a dream
And don’t understand what it means
It already feels like forever since you departed.
I am so broken-hearted.
I keep reaching for the phone to call you
Like I used to do
Then I remember once again
You just can’t imagine how hard it has been.
I’ll never hear your voice or feel your touch.
I miss you so much.
The quiet peacefulness that was yours alone
It’s just gone.
The words of comfort I shared with others before
Don’t mean anything anymore.
Nothing can change the reality
You will still be-
Gone
They says things will get better with time
Those words were even mine
Nothing prepares you for this
When it’s someone you love that you miss
You will never see their smile or feel their kiss
You will never share the little things you used to share
Cause they’re not there.
I knew how hard this would be
But it’s harder than I ever thought it would be
They say time alone will heal a heart that is shattered
But right now time doesn’t matter.
Today, tomorrow, next week
There is no comfort I can seek
Words,
Words, are just words
When you’re all alone
And someone you love has just gone.
I know you’re in a better place,
But I still want to see your face.
I know you wouldn’t want to return,
But for you, I still yearn.
I feel no disgrace
For being in this place.
When it’s someone you love, you’ll understand.
I pray one day I can
Right now, this is my reality
When I wake up tomorrow, I’ll still feel the same
Nothing will take away the heartache or the pain
That comes with missing you
There is nothing I can do
Nothing can change the reality
You’ll still be-
Gone

Lord open the windows of heaven flood our souls
With words of comfort yet untold
We need your spirit to fall fresh on us
Giving the comfort only you can give
Each day we live

We must believe that in their absence, their hearts will go on...