Thursday, March 30, 2017

We Celebrate You...Women of the World, I See You



Women of the world,
I see you there
Your hair,
Your dress,
Impeccable,
Yes.
I see you,
But I look beyond
Your hair,
Your dress
And see the rest.
Without a doubt,
You are beautiful inside and out,
But you want the world to see you,
In your entirety.
To look beyond your polished nails
and high heel shoes,
Not to be perceived as tough as nails,
But as someone who can compete
No matter what shoes she has on her feet.
Someone who is taken seriously by all
No mater how small.
Someone who can stand firmly in position
Without being unfairly degraded by the competition.
The "phenomenal woman," as Maya described.
What a glorious tribe!
The tribe called Woman.
I see you in all your glory.
I see your beauty;
Your hair,
Your dress,
Impeccable,
Yes.
I see you,
But I look beyond
Beyond your hair,
Your dress
And I see the rest.
Would  the world could see the rest.

copyright P. Newman-Harris 2017