Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Black History Month---Remembering Our History, Telling Our Story

Part of knowing where we are going is knowing from whence we have come.  Sometimes, it's easier to focus on the things that are wrong, but if there is one glimmer of hope to be found, it will light the path to higher ground.  I have learned that focusing on the positive is what will take us where we want to go.  I am so grateful for those people who had the courage and the endurance to press forward through the darkest years in our history.  Because of them, we must continue to bring light where there is darkness.  I will be forever grateful to the people who sacrificed so we can enjoy the opportunities we have today.  We may not be where we want to be, but we are heading in the right direction.  We have to continue in faith believing (in spite of what we see) that we will reach the mountain top.  Hold on, because there is a change in the wind.






A Change is in the Wind

A change is in the wind
I know it is coming I just don’t know when
Talking drums beat a message of hope over land and sea,
Hope for those hungry and living in abject poverty
A change is in the wind
I know it is coming I just don’t know when
A renewing rain will wash over hills and plains
Bringing an end to the suffering and pain
There will be economical gain
For all who have lived under unbelievable strain
Hold on.
My brother,
Hold on my sister,
It won’t be long
Before a change will come
Soon, there will be no dying little ones,
No more sickness and disease.
This will be a wind that frees,
Releasing all the chains that now bind.
It will bring a freeing of mind
Like never before.
Of this I am sure.
Believe me when I say a change is going to come
Just keep looking to the Son
Talking drums are beating a message of hope over land and sea.
They say it is time for you to drink from the cup of mercy
I know a change is coming, I can feel it in the wind
I know it is coming I just don’t know when

copyright P. Newman-Harris