Thursday, November 3, 2016

Are We Losing The Personal Touch?


I came across a video that conveys so much
of what I feel, that I thought I'd share it with you.
I hope it provokes some thought.

As much as I enjoy the benefits technology affords me,
I am concerned about the loss of what I call the "personal touch."
I had to learn how to text just to find out what was going on
with my younger family members.  If you don't text, you are
excluded from a lot of things.  I don't feel I was left out
intentionally.  Texting has simply become the way to communicate.  
Texting is okay with me as long as it is not used as
an escape for conveying a message that really should be
conveyed face to face.  I don't like the idea of breaking up
with somebody by text or through Facebook.   Come on now.   That
is just not right.  I don't want to get into anyone else's business,
and I understand that everyone has their own modus operandi.
That will never be mine.   If it were up to me, I'd still be writing
letters instead of emails, and sending more cards by mail than e-cards.  
Though I do send e-cards and emails, I still enjoy writing letters.
If I mention writing a letter today, I get some weird looks and a
downright disconnect.  It's funny to me.  I have been dragged kicking
and screaming into the age of the new technology, but I'm in.