Monday, June 11, 2012

Tribute to Fathers

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY


This will be, by far the most difficult post I have made thus far, because on June 5th, I buried my father.  Not to have him here to celebrate this Father's Day, is unexpected.  He was loved and will be missed by all.  My first post I dedicate to him.  I know what a treasure I had in my Dad.  When it comes to Fathers, we had the best of the best.  


Here is a letter I wrote to my father on Father's Day, 2001




A LETTER TO MY FATHER

As long as I can remember, you
have always been near.

With you around, I knew I had nothing
to fear.

In your family, you have always taken pride.
That is a joy you could never hide.

You have always worked hard at anything
you put your hands to.

You are always willing and eager to help others by
doing what you can do.

When I think back, I don't think there is anything
you have not sold; shoes and jewelry, to name a few.

Even during rough times, you saw our family through.
We always knew we could depend on you.

Family has always been your priority.
You have always believed in accountablity.

Years have not changed you in the least.
Your commitment to our family has only increased.

Your unwaivering belief that a family that prays together
stays together has seen us through stormy weather.

Daddy, you are the best father a daughter could have,
a hidden treasure found; a model of fatherhood and
a blessing to our family.

Thank you for being the example of the best person we could
want to be.

Love,
Your Daughter, Pat.