Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hate is My Name




Hate is my name.
Death is my game.
I’ve been at this game for years.
I like to bring heartache and tears.
I started my take over long ago.
I’ve taken out many people you know.
Emmett Till
Was one of my well-known kills.
Great men have died at my hands.
Throughout the years, I gained many fans.
I've taken out dignitaries, rulers and Kings,
I assassinated Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King,
John F. Kennedy and Malcolm X.
Who knows who will be next?
You might say I’m bold,
Hard-hearted, calculating and cold,
But truth be told,
I have resided in many a Christian soul.
No one is safe when I’m in town.
It doesn’t take long for me to gain my ground.
You see, I’m fed well every day.
If you keep feeding me, I will continue to blow your children away,
And make you pay the cost.
Many innocent lives will be lost.
The lives of countless children and babies will be taken in my name.
You see, there is no shame in my game.
Hate is my name.
Death is my only game.

Copyright by P. Newman-Harris


In memory of Trayvon Martin and all those innocent victims of hate crimes.
I pray one day soon, the violence will end, and hate will be put to rest
So that I children might be blessed.

Song:  Together We Are One
By Delta Goodrem