Saturday, October 1, 2011

Saturday (light)

            Thought I'd keep it kinda light for a Saturday morning... 



             ACROSS A CROWDED ROOM

The instant you entered the room my eyes fastened on you
And I knew

My heart had come home
To a familiar place it had always known.

Your presence was felt more than heard,
You captured my heart without a word.

Attracted to you like a moth to a flame.
I didn’t even have to know your name.

There was something about your stance
That produced instant romance.

At one glance you took my breath away.
Then, I realized you were coming my way.

You came towards me with a relaxed easy pace.
I could have died just watching the smile on your face.

My heart began to race.
As I thought, “This man is the epitome of grace.”

I stood my ground
Hearing the sound
Of my heart’s accelerated beat.
I could hardly remain on my feet.

You said, “My name is Dan,”
Slowly extending your hand.

That’s all you had to say
To steal my heart away.

Suddenly, I heard someone calling my name

Then, I felt a smack,
And a pillow hit me across the back.

When I opened my eyes, my younger sister was standing over me with a crooked grin.
Saying, “ I’m going to tell mama you were dreaming about boys AGAIN..”



 copyright P. Newman Harris