Friday, November 2, 2018

Thanksgiving...Something to be Thankful For

There are so many things we have to be thankful for.
In these hard times, I know we can be hard-pressed
to find those things.  Today, when I woke up, I
was just thankful that I did wake up.  So many
people did not.  Just looking at the basic needs,
I am blessed.  I have a place to stay, food to eat
and family and friends who care.  Some people
don't have these things.  They woke up this morning
in a makeshift home beside the freeway.  They
were cold, hungry and without any place to go.
This is their daily reality.  I might be hungry for
a while, but my next meal is as far away as my kitchen.
Theirs may only come if they can find a place that is
handing out food, or, if and when, a well-doer passes by
and gives them a helping hand.

November is the month of Thanksgiving.
In spite of all the things that are meant to discourage us on
a daily basis, as a country, we are very blessed.
Let us be mindful of our many blessings.  Count them
one by one, and you will find you have a lot to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving.