Friday, June 29, 2018

In Memory

Today, I would like to pause to remember all those who have lost their lives due to any form of violence.  I pray that we don't become insensitive to these events due to their growing number.  I'd especially like to remember those who died in yesterday's shooting.  It is, indeed, a sad day when we lose anyone in this fashion.  I immediately think of the song," Love is in Need of Love Today."  Our only hope to stay the violence is the belief that our lives are precious and worthy of preservation.


The road this country has taken is a very dangerous one.  Our very lives depend on where we go from here.  One thing I know is true.  America is not just you.  It is not just me.  It is us.  One thing describes us all.  No matter what color the face, no matter the place in this great land, we are all Americans.