Sunday, January 1, 2017

Tribute to those lost in 2016

2016 was a difficult year for so many of us.  Having to say goodbye to so many talented and well-loved people is hard.  We will miss them all.


While reflecting on life and death, and the loss of so many, I wrote this.

When life begins, God opens the door and sends us forth.
When life ends, he opens his arms and welcomes us home.
Though the doors of life here are closed shut forever,
Our life with God goes on forever.

We can take comfort in the memories we shared, the conversations,  as well as     
the moments of love that were given.  Those are the gifts that are left for the living.
They will be ours to treasure forever; long after our last good-byes, long after our
last cries, they will never die.

My condolences to the families of all who were lost.

To Earth, Wind and Fire, you are all my heart
and I thank Maurice White and the group for
the memories you have allowed me and my
family to make.  You are truly uniquely a
"Shining Star", for the whole world to see.