Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Be Encouraged!

Every morning, I listen to a program aired on KJLJ radio, 102.3, hosted by Dominique DiPrima.  Before I started listening to that show, I was pretty pessimistic about the fight against racism in our nation.  This morning, she reminded her listeners of a quote by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.  I'd like to share that quote with you, but especially with those, who like me, have become discouraged in the fight.  I know times seem dark to us all in light of the things that have been going on throughout the nation.  It is so easy to focus on the bad, but now is the time when we should focus on the good.  It is also a time to remember that, as Martin Luther King, said,

“The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice.”

It does not mean that we won't have to work to help bend the arc.  It takes all of us doing whatever we can; however, we can do what we can to assure that we achieve what we want in this world.  When you forget how far we have come as a nation, remember to remember.  Hang onto the words of some of the best and be encouraged!


If you'd like to listen to the show I mentioned above, it airs every weekday morning
from 4:30 am. to 6 a.m.  The station is owned by Stevie Wonder, and there is an app available or you can listen online via internet at kjlhradio.com.