Sunday, June 15, 2014

In Honor of my Dad

A Letter to My Father

I can’t believe I made it to this day again
Not having you here.
I keep hoping that when I close my eyes,
magically, you will appear
Daddy,
I’ve always known you were one in a million.
That special one,
The one that surpassed the rest.
The best of the best.
I feel like I never told you enough
Just how special you were to me.
Mother’s hear it constantly,
But Father’s sometimes don’t get to hear
The words I love you out loud.
I know those words would have made you proud.
I should have told you that, in my eyes,
You hung the moon and the stars,
That you were my superstar
My hero,
My champion
Of champions,
My father
Of father’s among men.
In your eyes this would have meant the world,
Because it was coming from your little girl.
No matter how old I was,
In your heart I held a special place.
It was always written all over your face
I wish I would have said the words I kept in my heart
And in my mind.
That the best father in the world was mine.
Day after day somehow has just slipped pass
Time moves so fast.
Daddy you have got to know
I miss you so.
On this side, I know I’ll never see you again,
But one day, when I leave this place,
I will see your face,
Tell you all the things you missed,
Plant your face with one big kiss
And say out loud this time
The best father in the world was mine.

Happy Father’s Day Daddy

I know you are listening to your favorite songs
and singing "Redeemed" like you used to do.
I know you are where you want to be.
Thank you for a lifetime of faithfulness