Tuesday, March 26, 2013

He Died

















When I think of Calvary
I think of how Jesus died for me
Just to think how he suffered, bled and died
Brings tears to my eyes.
I know I couldn’t have done the same
He never placed blame
In spite of being hurt by people he considered friends
He had love in his heart until the end
He could have asked that he live
Instead, he asked his father to forgive
He could have had honor and fame
He chose to suffer the pain
He let it all slip by
He died for you and I

He hung on the cross
To save a world that was lost
He paid the cost
A crown of thorns was placed upon his head
Nothing was said
Willingly he suffered the pain
Again and again

On a hill called Calvary
Jesus died for me
In my mind this picture replays
Any words I could say
Would never be enough
To say thank you for so much
I cannot begin to understand
The wonder of his plan
He sacrificed
He paid the price
He gave his life
For you and I

He suffered the hurt and the pain
Again and again
He could have had honor and fame
But he let it all slip by
He died for you and I

copyright P. Newman-Harris