Sunday, November 18, 2012

Tis the Season of Thanksgiving

Once a year, we pause to reflect on our many blessings.  For some, life is a daily struggle to survive.  If we begin to count our blessings, naming them one by one,  we will find we have so much to be thankful for.  Happy Thanksgiving.


  

If I never get a chance to say thank you one more time,
I want the last thank you to be mine.
For the little things that seem insignificant to some
Lord, I thank you for every one
I have so much to be thankful for
There are so many good things yet in store.
I don’t want to take anything for granted
So, I thank you for every blessing you have granted.
I want to be among the few
Who returned to say thank you.
Before the day is done

I’m going to count my blessings one by one
I am going to give you all the praise you are due.
Lord, I just want to say thank you
In the midst of the heartache and the tears,
There were so many wonderful years.
You never left me alone and lonely
You never turned your back on me.
You were always there.
You heard my every prayer.
Without you in my life, it would not have been this way
That is why I want to say
Thank you for every day
And for every blessing that came my way

There is nothing anyone can say or do
To keep me from thanking you.
I’m going to count my blessings one by one
Giving thanks for every one

In case I never see this day end.
I want to begin
By saying thank you for everything you have done.
I just want to be among the few
Who returned to say thank you.
If I never get a chance to say thank you one more time,
I want the last thank you to be mine

Copyright P. Newman-Harris