Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Celebrating Black History Month 12/12 (12 months of the year)

I came across this on U Tube and thought what better way than to begin Black History Month than with this beautiful song by Melba Moore.


Trying to understand the heart of man
One day I took pen in hand.
Burdened by the condition of the human heart,
I wondered if we’d ever make a brand new start.
Question after question formed in my mind.
It is clear we are running out of time.
Years are slipping away,
The day seems further and further away.
The messages of hate
Continues to formulate and penetrate
In such a diseased world,
Can I even hope for a different world
Before I close my eyes?
How much longer must the innocent suffer and die?
With the light of hope burning dim,
Am I holding on to a chance that is slim?
Surely, we will place our feet on solid ground
I believe the impossible will come to be
Surely,
          
The insanity will end.
Hate is not the burning message in the heart of men.
Somewhere deep inside of us,
There’s a desire to love and trust.
If my soul is to find relief,
I have to hold onto that belief.
I have to believe
The gift of peace will one day be received
In every kingdom, in every land where there is discord.
Surely one day we will be on one accord.
Surely, peace is more than just a word
Surely, the message will be heard.
Surely, one day the wars will end.
I don’t know when.
Surely, we shall not fail.
One day peace will prevail.