Saturday, November 19, 2011

I Just Want to Say Thank You

        

Lord, too many times I come to you
Crying, Lord, what can you do?
Day after day I make requests unto you
Forgetting about you.
How you have blessed me thus far.
How faithful you are.
I have so much to be thankful for
But I never stop asking for more.
Today, I have no requests or petitions
Just a humble rendition
My praise to impart
With all the reverence in my heart
I just want to kneel in that secret place
And seek your face
I want to give you the praise and honor that you’re due.
Lord, I just want to say thank you.
Thank you for all the days you've allowed me to see
It didn't have to be
Thank you for the hand of mercy
That has kept me safe
Thank you for the awesome grace
That brought me where I am today,
And gives me the strength to face each new day
I don’t want to sit on your mercy seat
I just want to kneel at your feet
With a praise that is fresh and new
Lord, I just want to say thank you.
I don’t want to ask for more.
I have so much to be thankful for.
Today, I have no requests or petitions
Just a humble rendition
Of praise to impart
The reverence in my heart
Lord I want to give all praise to you,
I just want to say, thank you.

Copyright 2011 P. Newman-Harris