Monday, April 29, 2019

Never Again



I searched high and low looking for a poem I wrote long ago, entitled, Never Again.  If I find it, I will post it later.  What it said is basically, that never again, would we allow some of the things we allowed in the past to happen again.  Some of us still believe in that promise.  In light of so many things that have been happening, I think it's time for us to revisit what we, as American's stand for.  I appreciate our freedoms, I like the idea that we are entitled to our own point of views.  I would like to think that we can agree and disagree without feeling that our lives will be in danger simply on the basis of our beliefs.   Clearly, the atmosphere here in this country is shifting.  It's a sad day in America when people cannot seek sanctuary in their chosen place of worship without fear of losing their life.  It is not just a sad day, it is a day that should cause us all to question where we are going as a nation.  We continually confront terrorism everywhere else in the world but we refuse to confront it here in our own country?

In honor of those who we have lost their lives in this way, we grieve with you and your family and we pray that one day, soon, we will not only get it right, we will put an end to the hatred and bloodshed.