Saturday, July 18, 2015

Tribute to Luther Vandross-My favorite balladeer




It's a little past the date of his death, July 1, but I came across this poem that I wrote a long time ago. 
Sometimes, you don't have to meet a person to feel their heart.  That is they way I felt about Luther Vandross.  I felt his heart through the words of his song.  Luther Vandross was my favorite singer.  Going to many of his concerts was a highpoint  in my life.  It's something I will always miss.  Those who know me well, know that he was, indeed, my Music Man.

Music Man

Music man, write a song for me
Play a tender rhapsody
Let my heart feel the rhythm of your melody.

Pluck my heart strings.
Make me feel like your Queen
Music man, play a song for me

Come be my private baladeer
Let your heartbeat play in my ear,
Music man, play a song for me.

Music man I want to hear you croon.
How you make me swoon.
Music man, sing a song for me

No need to write a symphony.
I simple "Du, du, du, du du" is enough for me.
Just write a song for me.

Music man say my name.
Things will never be the same
Just write a song for me.

Music man, let me be the mate of your soul.
Together, we will write a love story never told.
Write a song for me.

Gaze into my mind.
Love is all you'll find.
Together we can make sweet harmony
Just write a song for me.

Copyright Patricia Newman-Harris

This song is dedicated to all you Luther fans out there.






Gaze into my mind