Wednesday, April 23, 2014

In honor of Poetry Month..Poem from my book Matters of the Heart


You Wrote a Song for Me

You told me our love would never grow old
It would be our own little pot of gold.
You said if I would always put you first,
You would quench my every thirst
You said you would be the only one
Who could ignite my eternal flame
Just by speaking your name.
Ours was a song of love we designed
Written in perfect time.
Like a musician's special touch on a guitar he loves so much,
Our love was a tender
song of  sweet surrender.
You told me we could do anything,
Conquer anything,
Sail through any kind of weather,
Together.
The words you spoke were only lines well-rehearsed,
Random verse,
Vain recitations from the top of your mind;
Having no rhythm or rhyme,
Hallow words spoken from lying lips,
That I once passionately kissed.
You wrote a song of love just for me,
But someone else learned the melody.

From Matters of the Heart
published by  Create Space, 2010