Sunday, January 19, 2014

In Celebration of the Legacy...I Believe in the Power of Love

I Believe in the Power of Love

I believe in the power of love
His power of love.
No matter how hopeless it seems,
I’m going to hold fast the dream.
Do you believe?
Because I believe
I believe in the power of love,
His power of love
Someday Martin’s dream will come to pass
We shall be free at last
I believe
Yes, I believe,
Believe in the power of love,
His power of love.
If I can believe,
You can believe
We all can believe
We must believe
We can make his dream reality
Just you and me
I know the day will come
Freedom will be for everyone
No matter what color, race or creed
We shall all be free
We must hold fast the dream,
No matter how hopeless it seems
When it’s all said and done,
One day we shall live as one
I believe.
We all must believe,
Believe,
Believe
In the power of love
His power of love
What good is it to tear down the walls of hate,
And stand firmly apart?
Change has to begin in the heart.
I must believe,
You must believe,
We all must believe,
Believe,
Believe
Believe
In the power of love.
His power of love.

copyright 2010 Patricia Newman-Harris
Matters of the Heart