Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Prayer for Peace

If you have been visiting this blog for any length of time, I'm sure you have discovered my private passion is for bringing peace and harmony to the world.  That is why, especially, at this time of the year, I have great concern for those whose fight for the battle of peace has kept them away from family and friends.  For them, I say a special holiday prayer, for their families, and friends, that this time next year, they will be at home hugging their loved ones tight.  I wish you all a very Merry Chirstmas and a Happy New Year...Whoever you are and Where ever you are I dedicate this prayer and this song to you.

To the war torn countries of the world:
For you, I say this prayer today
To Afghanistan, Iran and Iraq, to Jerusalem, Sarajevo,
Beirut, Belfast, Africa, Kuwait, Mongolia,
To the world.

May God 's peace rain from shore to shore,
Cleansing hardened hearts from hatreds of generations past.

May the winds of unrest be stilled at last.
May God open blinded eyes and allow them to
See the world afresh and new.

     May he shut the bowels of anger, hatred and wrath
And lead us down compassion’s path

May broken spirits be repaired
and old wounds healed.

I pray that the children of the world
will remain untouched by the violence their young
eyes have seen.

May God raise up amongst them leaders who will teach the
way of peace, godliness and love.

I pray that they will be young men and women
That will desire to resolve their differences
Without the need for weapons or missiles, but instead will work
together to bring about a peaceful coexistence.

I pray that they will not fight without purpose or cause,
but, will choose to stand for what is decent and right.

I pray for those who have lost their lives needlessly.
On behalf of their families I seek comfort and healing.


Lord, I ask that you would fill us with your love.
Give us a heart of understanding and a tolerance for diversity
in race, color, nationality and customs.

Teach us how to love one another with the same love
wherein you have loved us, unconditionally and without merit.

I pray for everlasting peace and restoration for us all.
Forever grant us your sweet Shalom.

In Jesus name.
  Amen